Configuring Dial-up Networking using the Wizard:
- Select connect using phone line.
- Enter your local access number,
then click next.
- Enter your user name and password where prompted. Click next.
- When asked, Select that you do want to change the advanced
settings. Click next.
- Make sure PPP (Point to Point Protocol) is selected. Click
- On the next screen select "I don't need to type anything
when logging on." Click Next.
- On the following screen it will ask about your IP. Select
"My Internet Service Provider Automatically Assigns me
One." Click Next.
- The Next Screen will ask you about your DNS Server Addresses,
click always use the following and enter "188.8.131.52"
as your DNS and "184.108.40.206" as your alternate
- Enter a name for your dial-up connection, such as NetGate,
or something to that affect. Next it will ask you if you wish
to set up your E-mail account (using Outlook Express), if you
wish to configure that now, click here, otherwise select no
and click next. You may also configure your news server, otherwise
select no and click next again.
- Next it will ask you if you wish to set up your E-mail account
(using Outlook Express), if you wish to configure that now,
click here, otherwise select no and
click next. You may also configure your news server, otherwise
select no and click next again.
- When asked if you wish to configure your "Internet Directory
Service" select no and click next.
- You're now finished with the wizard, click the finish button.
- Double-click the "My Computer" icon, and then the
"Dial-up Networking" icon.
- Double click the new connection document (NetGate icon) you
just configured. Make sure your user name and password are correct.
- Click "Connect"
your convenience we recommend adding a NetGate Internet shortcut
to your desktop. To create the shortcut, right click on the NetGate
icon inside the Dial-Up Networking folder and select "create
shortcut". A dialog will be displayed explaining that the shortcut
cannot be saved here and asking you if you would like to save it
on the Desktop. Answer "Yes" and a shortcut will be created
on your desktop. Now try using the shortcut to connect.
- If it detects an existing mail account it will ask you if you
wish to import it, otherwise you will need to create a new mail
account. Click next.
- Enter your name exactly how you want it to appear to the recipients.
- Enter your NetGate e-mail address (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org),
- Make sure POP3 server is selected, then enter the address of
your POP server, if you're unsure what the address of your server
is, contact support.
- Enter the address of your SMTP (simple mail transfer protocol)
server. (Note: You must be connected to the Internet through NetGate
to use our SMTP server). Click next.
- Enter your pop account name and password. (If your E-mail address
was email@example.com then your pop account name would be support).
- When it asks to enter the "Friendly Name" enter what
ever name you deem appropriate for this setup. Click Next.
- Click "Yes" to configure your news setup, then click
- It should by default enter your E-mail address if you already
set up your E-mail account, if its correct, click next.
- Enter "news.netgate.net" as the News (NNTP) server.
- Enter a name for your news connection. Click next. Click
here to return to the Internet Connection Wizard Setup.