Use the following instructions to configure a Windows 98/ME/XP/NT/2000
based system for access to NetGate using the NetGate Webcelerate
1. Download the self extracting archive which contains both
the NetGate Dialer, and Propel Webcelerate Client. You can download
the application from:
2. Once the application has been downloaded, double click on the
file named “NetGateSetup” to run the application. It
will automatically extract the necessary installer files to a folder
on your desktop.
3. Open the folder entitled “NetGate Setup” located
on your desktop, double click the “NetGate Installer” icon
to start the installation process.
The NetGate Installer will install both the NetGate Connection
and the Propel
5. Input your information. Your username and password were
selected when you setup your account.
6. Select a local access number and click "OK".
7. You will now be back at the main configuration screen. Click
"OK" to continue. Your system and Internet applications will now
be configured for use with NetGate.
8. You should see the following dialog box appear. Click "OK"
to start the "Propel Webcelerate" installer.
9. The Propel Webcelerate Installer will launch. Click "Next"
10. The default install paths are usually correct. Make any changes
as needed and click "Next" to continue.
11. You should now see the following dialog box. Click "Start
Using Propel Accelerator to continue.
12. Try to make a connection by double clicking the "NetGate"
icon on your desktop.
13. The NetGate Webcelerate Edition connection application will
launch. Click "Connect" to connect to the Internet.
14. Once you're connected try launching your browser and ensure
everything is working. The first time you use the Propel Webcelerate
client it will ask you for a username and password. Your username
is the same as your dial-up username with the addition of “@netgate.net” attached.
For example, if your username is “brooks”, your Propel
Webcelerate username would be email@example.com. Your password
is the same as you currently use for dial-up and e-mail access.
15. Launch the Propel Webcelerate "Quick Tour" for helpful tips
and familiarize you with the features.
The NetGate Webcelerate Installer configures the following applications:
- Windows Dial-up Networking
- Windows TCP/IP
- Windows Modem
- Internet Explorer (proxy setting)
- Netscape (news and mail settings)
- Outlook Express (news and mail settings)
Please see the NetGate
Webcelerate FAQ for
additional information regarding the NetGate Internet Connection
application. You can also find specific
information regarding the Propel Accelerator Webcelerate
Edition application as it relates to NetGate installation and
Please see the support
section of the Webcelerate site for additional
information specific to the the Propel Accelerator Webcelerate