Use the following instructions to configure a Windows XP based
system for access to NetGate.
Click the "Start" button and choose
- In the "Control Panel", click on the "Internet
The "Internet Properties" window opens. Select the
"Connections" tab. Click the "Setup..."
button at the top where it reads: "To set up an Internet
connection, click Setup".
The "New Connection Wizard" opens. Click "Next".
- In the Network Connection Type window, select the Connect to
the Internet option, then click "Next".
- In the "Getting Ready" window, select the "Set
up my connection manually" option, then click "Next".
- In the "Internet Connection" window, select the "Connect
using a dial-up modem" option, then click "Next".
- In the "Connection Name" window enter "NetGate"
in the ISP Name" dialog box, then click "Next".
- In the "Phone Number to Dial" window enter your local
access phone number in the "Phone number" dialog
box, then click "Next".
- In the "Internet Account Information" window enter
your NetGate username (e.g. johndoe) into the "User name"
dialog box. Enter your password only if you want it saved. If
others have access to your computer, leave the Password and Confirm
password blank, then click "Next".
The Internet Connection wizard is finished. If you want a
Shortcut to be created on the desktop for this connection, check
the "Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop"
option, then click "Finish".
- To connect to the Internet double click the NetGate icon on